Walsh Bay – a beautiful escape in the heart of the City
With two major hotels – Pier One Sydney Harbour (four star) and the Park Hyatt (four and a half star) in close proximity, Walsh Bay is the ideal location for a weekend escape. Enjoy the best of both worlds – the serenity of this beautiful waterfront setting within walking distance of other major attractions such as Circular Quay, the Opera House and the CBD.
TEN THINGS TO DO IN WALSH BAY
1. Breathe in the fresh sea air as you breakfast on the wharf
2. Take the free self guided heritage walk and relive the history of early Australia from wool exports of the past to the cultural pioneers of today
3. Enjoy the sculpture walk which offers six striking contemporary works completed by renowned artists such as Jimmy Durham and Brett Whitely
4. Catch a matinee performance at the Sydney Theatre Company, one of Australia’s premier theatres which has launched the careers of many of Australia’s internationally renowned artists
5. Do the theatre walk taking in the 21 bronze plaques that have been set into Pier 2/3 as a tribute to the leading lights of Australian theatre.
6. Relax alfresco style with a latte at one of the area’s many cafes
7. Check out the range of fresh foods and gourmet deli products at Fratelli Fresh
8. Hire a bike from Barcycle and enjoy a self guided tour taking in the panoramic views of Sydney’s iconic harbour
9. Sip a pre dinner drink at a cool waterfront bar whilst you watch the world go by
10. Enjoy dinner under the stars at one of the many fine dining establishments